Metso Outotec is launching the innovative Ferroflame LowNOx burner for travelling grate pelletizing plants to enable pellet plant operators to achieve the stringent NOx emission targets with ease. The new burner is part of the company’s PP offering focused on environmentally efficient technologies.
The Ferroflame LowNOx burner uses high-speed dilution, which is an effective way to improve the combustion process and reduce NOx emissions. It works seamlessly with natural gas, and tests demonstrate that can also be used with diesel and coke oven gas.
Ferroflame LowNOx burner provides the following benefits:
- Up to 80% reduction of NOx emissions
- Expected thermal penalty on natural gas ~10%
- Increased pellet homogeneity and quality
- Increased refractory lifetime
- Optimization of NOx vs. Opex with digital solutions possible
- Proven technology
- Easy retrofit of existing plants