Orion has announced that diamond drilling has commenced testing a number of high-priority magmatic nickel-copper targets within the IGO-ORN Joint Venture tenement E28/2367, located in the Fraser Range Belt of Western Australia.
- Logistics and services established to support a substantial diamond drilling program at the highly prospective Pike North, Bilby and Hook (I & II) targets.
- The drilling will test down-hole and moving loop EM targets in an area where previous drilling and geochemistry shows high potential for intrusions prospective for nickel and copper.
- Diamond drilling underway on the Hook target to test a highly conductive DHEM anomaly.
- Hook is located 16km north-east of the confirmed Mawson nickel-copper discovery (Legend Mining).
- Mawson has been confirmed as one of the most significant new discoveries in the Fraser Range since Nova-Bollinger, with high-grade massive sulphide intercepts of up to 12.8m at 2.76% Ni and 1.36% Cu from 234.9m reported in diamond hole RKDD008.