WORLD STEEL: November 2021 crude steel production
World crude steel production for the 64 countries reporting to the World Steel Association (worldsteel) was 143.3 million tonnes (Mt) in November 2021, a 9.9% decrease compared to November 2020.
CRUDE STEEL PRODUCTION BY REGION
- Africa produced 1.5 Mt in November 2021, up 37.4% on November 2020.
- Asia and Oceania produced 98.3 Mt, down 15.5%.
- The CIS produced 8.8 Mt, up 5.8%.
- The EU (27) produced 12.9 Mt, up 3.7%.
- Europe, Other produced 4.3 Mt, up 4.4%.
- The Middle East produced 3.8 Mt, down 5.3%.
- North America produced 9.7 Mt, up 9.3%.
- South America produced 3.9 Mt, up 3.5%.
The 64 countries included in this table accounted for approximately 98% of total world crude steel production in 2020. Regions and countries covered by the above:
Africa: Egypt, Libya, South Africa
Asia and Oceania: Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan (China), Vietnam
CIS: Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
European Union (27)
Europe, Other: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey, United Kingdom
Middle East: Iran, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
North America: Canada, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, United States
South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
TOP 10 STEEL-PRODUCING COUNTRIES
- China produced 69.3 Mt in November 2021, down 22.0% on November 2020.
- India produced 9.8 Mt, up 2.2%.
- Japan produced 8.0 Mt, up 10.7%.
- The United States produced 7.2 Mt, up 13.8%.
- Russia is estimated to have produced 6.5 Mt, up 9.4%.
- South Korea produced 5.9 Mt, down 2.7%.
- Germany produced 3.4 Mt, down 0.3%.
- Turkey produced 3.4 Mt, up 6.1%.
- Brazil produced 3.1 Mt, up 2.5%.
- Iran is estimated to have produced 2.7 Mt, down 5.2%.
The World Steel Association (worldsteel) is one of the largest and most dynamic industry associations in the world, with members in every major steel-producing country. worldsteel represents steel producers, national and regional steel industry associations, and steel research institutes. Members represent around 85% of global steel production.