COMTEST, Fluke’s local channel partner, has their new IRR1-SOL Irradiance Meter, designed from the ground up to simplify the installation, commissioning, and trouble-shooting of photovoltaic arrays, measuring irradiance, temperature, inclination and direction of the solar array in a single handheld tool.
With a rugged, compact design, a protective carrying case, and an easy-to-read, high-contrast LCD screen to read measurements in direct sunlight, the IRR1-SOL can go anywhere users go. The simple user interface, instantaneous solar irradiation measurements and built-in temperature sensor make it easy to meet the IEC 62446-1 requirements for testing, documenting, and maintaining photovoltaic systems.
Additionally, the integrated compass and inclination sensor allow users to measure and document roof and site orientation, pitch, and panel tilt while surveying, installing, or adjusting an installation.
Fluke IRR1-SOL features:
- Irradiance measurement: the high precision mono-crystalline solar sensor allows for instantaneous irradiation measurements up to 1400 W/m2.
- Temperature measurement: using either the built-in temperature sensor or the external suction mount temperature probe to measure ambient and panel temperature.
- Integrated compass: measure and document roof or site orientation.
- Inclination sensor: measure roof and PV panel tilt when surveying, installing, or adjusting the installation.
- Carry it everywhere: equipped with a practical shoulder strapped case, to allow safe scaling of climbing equipment, keeping users’ hands free.